Learning Festivals in Public Schools
The Georgian Center for Strategy and Development (GCSD) organized Learning Festivals in 5 public schools of Georgia within the framework of the project SHE’s GREAT! The festivals aimed to share the experience and knowledge of the project participants (members of the "Gender and My Community" (GMC) clubs) obtained through GMC sessions with the local community, as well as to present their project ideas.
Learning Festivals were held:
- Tbilisi Public School N132 - Tbilisi;
- Tserovani Village N3 Public School - Mtskheta Municipality;
- Kobuleti Municipality, Chakvi N1 School - Kobuleti Municipality;
- Bolnisi Municipality - Savaneti Public School - Bolnisi Municipality;
- Akhaltsikhe N1 School - Akhaltsikhe Municipality.
Parents of participating children, students, and teachers of schools and representatives of non-governmental organizations and local authorities were invited to the festival.
The festival included an exhibition of works created by club members, presentations, and workshops for guests on topics such as gender equality, gender stereotypes, and norms.
Project SHE’s GREAT! Is part of a global program that GCSD has been implementing since March of this year, in conjunction with the Civic Education Teachers Forum.