Terms of Reference for a Senior Key Expert Specialized in Crisis Communication
Title of ToR: Senior Key Expert specialized in Crisis Communication
Georgian Center for Strategy and Development (GCSD) with the financial support of the United States Embassy in Georgia is implementing Government of Georgia Strategic Communications Program. The program aims to increase the strategic communication capacity of the Government of Georgia and support the development of an effective strategic communications system.
One of the key priorities of the program is to conduct tailor-made capacity-building activities for the strategic communications teams of the Government of Georgia.
Reference person is project manager, Gogita Gvedashvili e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Reference of the Project
GCSD is looking for an Expert/Organization to support the Government of Georgia’s stratcom teams to enhance their crisis communications skills and knowledge.
Main task is to conduct a two days online training on following topic - ‘‘Crisis Communication’’. The training module should include Crisis Communications manual (Approx. 15-20 page) in digital format covering main topics of the training.
The training should include following topics:
- Align crisis communications into wider management and leadership functions;
- Understand the phases of a crisis and their relevance to communications;
- Consider crisis communications management structures with relevant roles and responsibilities;
- Develop more effective messaging in the event of a crisis;
- Better handle media issues during a crisis;
- Training presentation in PowerPoint format;
- Crisis Communications manual (Approx. 15-20 page);
- Training evaluation test;
- Training evaluation report;
Timing and duration
The tentative dates for the training is the last week of May, 2021.
Total Input - Senior Expert: 2 working days which includes preparation and delivery of the Crisis Communication training.
Training materials and all related outputs shall be delivered to GCSD for review and approval.
Senior Expert Specialized in Crisis and Strategic Communications.
Basic Qualifications and Skills
- Preferably holds an advanced degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Mass Communications, Strategic Communications, Political Science, Public Administration or another appropriate field;
- Knowledge and prior experience in crisis and strategic communications;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy and excellent communication skills.
Essential Professional Experience
- At least 5 years’ working experience in crisis communications field;
- Experience of drafting and delivering subject specific training modules;
- Proven track record in crisis and strategic communications.
Additional Professional Experience Will Be Considered As An Asset:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in/with government crisis and strategic communications;
- Relevant experience in working for governments and/or international organizations on consultancy assignments in crisis and strategic communications.
The indicators reflecting the expert's performance are: good planning and execution of the assignment, timely advice to the beneficiary and timely presentation of results and outputs, quality of documents and reports to be provided to the project team and the beneficiary.
Experts/organizations will be selected by the project team based on curriculum vitae and Letter of Intent. The letter of intent should include a list of topics for the module and budget estimates for the completion of the task.
Evaluation of work
Performance of the task will be assessed by the Project Director and the beneficiary based on performance and the report from the expert.
How to Apply
Send your Letter of Intent and detailed curriculum vitae to the following Address: email@example.com
Deadline for Application is 7 May, 2021.
Georgian Center for Strategy and Development (GCSD)
ADD: Tbilisi, Mtskheta Street N48/50
Tel: 032 2 222 667
Web site - gcsd.org.ge