CALL FOR INTERNATIONAL EXPERT/ORGANIZATION IN PCVE
- Location Tbilisi
- Division Expert
- Deadline 30 April
Georgian Center for Strategy and Development (GCSD) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization, supporting Georgia’s national security, effective and democratic governance of the country and its sustainable development. GCSD’s work involves research, monitoring, advocacy and implementation of educational projects. With the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Norway, GCSD is implementing a four-year multi-tier programme entitled Enhancing the capacity of Georgia in preventing violent extremism and radicalization. GCSD designed a programme that will engage a multitude of stakeholders in an effort aimed at gradually increasing Georgia’s capacity to prevent violent extremism and radicalisation. Over the course of four years GCSD will work with various actors including the state and civil society organisations; Some of the beneficiaries of the programme include the Permanent Interagency Commission on Elaboration of the National Counterterrorism Strategy, the Parliament of Georgia, nongovernmental organisations operating in the regions of Georgia, several universities and other educational institutions as well as the media;
The project will train practitioners from various state institutions, create sustainable institutional knowledge for all relevant institutions directly or otherwise working on preventing violent extremism and radicalisation; The programme will empower civil society organisations to implement their own projects aimed at understanding and diminishing the threat of violent extremism and radicalisation.
- Reference persons:
Mr. Giorgi Goguadze - Project Manager email@example.com
Ms. Mariam Tokhadze - Project coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assignment purpose The purpose of the assignment is to support the enhancement of the capacity of state actors to prevent violent extremism and radicalisation. To this end, GCSD is looking for:
One expert to:
- Design a training module for practitioners working in the field of terrorism, violent extremism and radicalisation with an emphasis on the perspective and the needs of the state actors.
- Design a ToT module to instruct selected individuals to deliver the training module elaborated.
- Deliver up to three days of training of trainers on location in Tbilisi, Georgia
Essential professional experience:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of P/CVE
- Experience of drafting and delivering subject specific training modules
- Experience of developing curriculums for teaching institutions on PCVE
- Understanding the current context in Georgia (previous working experience in the country or the South Caucasus and good understanding of current dynamics will be an asset).
Allocated working days
15 Days. Travel and lodging expenses will be covered by GCSD and is not the subject of the contract.
3. Performance indicators
The indicators reflecting the international expert’s/organizations performance are: good planning and execution of the assignment, timely presentation of results and outputs, quality of the curricula to be provided to the project team and the trainings delivered.
4. Experts/organizations will be selected by the project team based on Resume and Letter of Intent. CVs and cover letters are to be sent to email@example.com with the following subject line: GCSD PCVE – 002. Deadline for receiving applications is 30 April, 2020